If Your Heating Systems Are On, Please Check For Abnormally High Levels Of Carbon Monoxide

As the weather turns cooler and home heating systems get fired, it’s important to safeguard your home from carbon monoxide gas.  Often called the “slient killer”, the odorless and colorless gas accidentally poisons about 170 Americans each year.

The video above from CBS News tells the story of 2 such deaths.

Throughout the 5-minute piece (and after the commercial), note the mother talking about headaches, fatigue and nausea.  Because carbon monoxide poisoning shows similar symptoms to the flu, many people confuse the two — sometimes with fatal consequences.

Experts say to outfit each room in your home with a carbon monoxide monitor.  The recommended monitor from the video is available at Amazon.com for $10 off.

Post