What To Consider When Selling Your West Knoxville Home
For someone wanting to sell their West Knoxville home in today’s market, there are many things to consider. Here are a few questions to ask yourself if you are considering selling your West Knoxville home:
- Am I okay with being a seller in a buyer’s market? In the current West Knoxville real estate market, there are currently more properties for sale than there are buyer’s to buy those properties for sale. This means buyer’s are the ones calling the shots. Sellers trying to sell their West Knoxville home must understand that they might not necessarily get the price they were hoping for and it may take longer for the home to sell. This is not to sound all doom and gloom about the current West Knoxville real estate market. There are still people buying homes and there are homes selling. Being a seller in this current market, just requires a bit more patience and flexibility.
- How can I price my home so it sells quickly? Look at other properties in your neighborhood or in the area that are currently for sale. How does your home compare to those? Is it in better condition? Does it need more work? Consider talking to a licensed agent, who can provide you with a list of comparable properties that have currently sold in your area and your price range.
- Are there any repairs or improvements I should make before putting my home on the market? You know your home better than anyone. Do you still have damage from the Spring 2011 Hail Storm? Could the inside use a little fresh paint? What can you do to make your home sell quicker? Consider the cost of the repairs and if they would make your house more marketable to potential buyers.
- Should I sell my home all by myself? Or should I use an agent? Having an experienced agent can greatly improve your odds of selling your home. If you are trying to sell it by yourself, your home will not be listed on the Knoxville Multiple Listing Service. Also, buyer’s agent is less likely to show your home, since they receive their commission from the list agent.
- Am I ready to move? And, am I committed to selling? Preparing to sell your West Knoxville home is a big commitment. You want to make sure you are ready to take all of the necessary steps to make sure your home is as marketable as it can be. In the current market, it takes some patience and flexibility to make the move happen.
There is a lot to think about when it comes to selling your West Knoxville home. If there is anything I can do to help make this descision easier, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone at 865-696-9002 or send me an email. Are you considering selling your home? If so, is there anything holding your back?