Is Buying a Condo in West Knoxville The Choice for You?
There are many desirable condominium complexes in West Knoxville. But, is buying a condominium in West Knoxville the right decision for you? Take a look at the list below of pros and cons of buying a condo in West Knoxville.
Pros of Buying a Condo in West Knoxville
- Condominiums offer many amenities. Many condos offer swimming pools, fitness centers and other facilities for residents.
- You do not have to worry about maintenance of common areas. In many condos, the common areas are maintained for you. So, there will be no worrying about cutting the grass. Residents pay a monthly or yearly homeowner’s association dues that covers the maintenance of these areas.
- Security. In a condo, you are much closer to neighbors. You may share common hallways or common walls.
Cons of Buying a Condo in West Knoxville
- Storage can be limited. You may have a storage locker or closet space, but most condos lack an attic for storage.
- Outdoor space. Condos typically have a smaller backyard or outdoor area compared to single family homes. They may lack the privacy of a single family home.
- Reserve funds and homeowner’s association fees. As a resident of a condominium, you are required to pay certain fees that your might not necessarily agree with. These funds may go into a savings account for future repairs or may go towards the cost of future repairs. Regardless, of how you feel about these fees, you are still required to pay for them.
- Condo Rules and Restrictions. Prior to moving into a condo, you will want to make sure you are familiar with the restrictions of the complex. Everything from how you dispose of you trash, the type of family pet you are allowed to have, or painting regulations can be dictated by these restrictions.
Buying a condo in West Knoxville can be a great decision for some and not such a great decision for other. Prior to buying a condo, you will want to make sure it suits you lifestyle. Is buying a condo a good idea or bad idea? Let me know if there is anything I can assist you with, give me a call at 865-696-9002 or shoot me an email.