Getting the Most Out of Your West Knoxville Home Inspection
So you’ve finally found the perfect West Knoxville home, after looking at countless houses, and picking the perfect West Knoxville neighborhood for you. Your new home looks perfect from the inside and outside, but what about the home inspection? How can you make sure your get all the answers you want? Check out the tips below to make sure you get the most out of your West Knoxville home inspection.
- Be there. If you have questions or concerns about the condition of the home you are buying, it is important to be there during the inspection to make sure all your questions get answered. Plan a day and time that you are able to be there. If it means taking the afternoon off work, the peace of mind will be worth it. In addition to getting questions answered, you will learn a lot from the inspector about your home.
- Don’t wear your Sunday best. Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes that you are not afraid to get dirty. Dust, cobwebs, and dirty are always present in basements and attics, which are all areas that your will be going with the inspector. Don’t let the way you are dressed prevent you from getting the answers you need about the home you are buying.
- Take note and ask questions. Be sure to list out any questions or concerns you have about the property prior to the inspection, that way you don’t forget to ask while the inspection is taking place. Also, don’t be afraid to take notes. You could be getting a lot of information about your home and you will want to make sure you remember all the details.
- Limit extra guests and schedule a babysitter. You may feel like this is a time you want an extra set of eyes and someone else to help you understand the inspection information. Still, you want to make sure you are not distracted by questions or observations that can be addressed at another time. Also, be sure to schedule a babysitter for the kids, that way you give the inspection your full attention.
- Consider optional inspections and testing. When buying your home, you will want to make sure all your concerns are addressed prior to closing. Ask the inspector if there are any other additional inspections or tests he/she would recommend.
A home inspection is an important part of the home buying process. Please let me know if there is any information I can provide you about getting the most out of you West Knoxville home inspection. Give me a call at 865-696-9002 or send an email to Rick@TheBigOrangePress.Com.
Are you considering buying a home in West Knoxville? What concerns do you want addressed during the inspection?