5 Things West Knoxville Home Buyers Won’t Accept
When you are preparing to sell your West Knoxville home, there is a great deal of preparation and planning that comes with it. You may have complete some renovations, put up some fresh pain, or done some organizing and deep cleaning. Still, it can be easy to overlook certain quirks that you have come to know about your home. So, before you put your home on the market, what are some things that West Knoxville home buyers will not accept? Read on below to find out more.
- Mysterious light switches that don’t work or have an unknown function. As a homeowner, you come to accept that certain things don’t work or you have no idea what they do, so they are just there for show. But, before putting your house on the market, take care of these little quirks. What is normal to you, may just seem annoying or unappealing to a potential buyer.
- Anything in your house the requires a “magic touch” to operate properly. Over the years you may have developed a “magic touch” to get that toilet to stop running or have mastered the correct way to get a certain window to fully open. Potential home buyers, however, may not have the patience to figure out these little quirks out. Take care of getting them fixed.
- Things the sway, wiggle, shake, wobble, etc. You and your family may know that the first stair leading to the basement is a little off kilter. Or, that the towel rod in the bathroom is more for show than for actual use. But, potential buyers may not want to accept these things as lovingly as you do. Before putting your home on the market, make these quick and easy fixes.
- You musty basement may not smell as sweet or as homey to buyers. After living in your house for many years, you’ve come to know the specific smells. You know when you walk into the basement it smells a little musty, but that’s just how it has always been. Look into why your basement smells musty, it could involve a more serious issue.
- Fix sinks or showers that don’t drain efficiently. You get used to the fact that a shower doesn’t drain quite as well as it used to or that a particular sink drains slowly. Try some Drain-O or Liquid-Plumr to unclog drains, and if that doesn’t work consider a more aggressive approach like snaking it. Once this simple problem is fixed, you will wonder why you waited so long to do it and potential home buyers will appreciate it.
Preparing to put sell your West Knoxville home can be a lot of work, please let me know it there is any information I can provide to make this process easier. Give me a call at 865-696-9002, shoot me an email, or leave a comment on this post.