Living in Knoxville: 3 Fun Things to Do This Spring
There is no denying Knoxville is a wonderful place to live in the spring. The temperatures are warm enough to enjoy the outdoors and all that living in Knoxville has to offer. Here are a few things to do in Knoxville this spring, before the summer heat and humidity.
Enjoy Market Square. Whether you want to dine outside, do some shopping, or are seeking some entertainment, there is no better place to do it than Market Square in the spring. Market Square offers a variety of delicious cuisine. There are also a wide variety of unique shops in the Market Square / Gay Street area.
- Dinner at Cafe 4. The chicken and waffles are delicious.
- Visiting the Mast General Store.
- Enjoying a drink on Preservation Pub’s rooftop garden.
- The International Biscuit Festival on May 19, 2012. It was rated the Best Food Festival in the Nation for 2011.
Take advantage of living near the Great Smoky Mountains. Being less than an hour away from the Smoky Mountains, it is a great time to take advantage of living so close to them. Whether you’re a hiker or just want to enjoy the beautiful views, the Smoky Mountains are great before the summer heat.
- Hiking one of the many trails Smoky Mountain Trails. With more than 80 trails to choose from, there is one suited for everyone.
- Visit Cades Cove. The views of the mountains are beautiful and if you drive around the Cade’s Cove loop, you have the opportunity to see a lot of different wildlife and enjoy the beautiful views of the mountains.
Enjoy living near the Tennessee River before the summer heat. One of the best things about living in Knoxville is being near the water during the spring and summer. Whether it is tubing in the lake, taking part in a redneck yacht club, or just going for a swim. The Tennessee River has many different opportunities for those who want to take advantage of living near the river.
- Visiting Tellico Lake. The water is clear and beautiful.
- Going out on the River – see Neyland Stadium from the river, take part in a redneck yacht club, or just enjoy a great boat ride.
Knoxville is a great place to live and the spring is a great time to take full advantage of living in Knoxville. Whether you want to take advantage of living near the water or enjoying the vibrant downtown life, there is something for everyone.
What is your favorite thing to do in here in the spring?