Living in Knoxville: 5 Reasons Why Living Here Is Great
Living in Knoxville, TN is great. With a mild climate and plenty of things to do, East Tennessee has great deal to offer. If you are considering moving to Tennessee, here are a few reasons why living in Knoxville is great.
1. The cost of living in Knoxville is significantly less than other areas of the country, which means buying a home in Knoxville is more affordable than other parts of the country. In other words, when buying a home in Knoxville, you can afford more home with the low cost of living. Curious about how other cities compare to living in East Tennessee? Be sure to check out this cost of living calculator.
2. Tennessee is one of the few states without a state income tax. The only other states without income tax are: Alaska, New Hampshire, Florida, South Dakota, Washington, Nevada, Texas, and Wyoming.
3. It has a vibrant downtown. With Market Square, the Old City, and Gay Street there is no shortage of unique restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. Market Square has a wide range of restaurants with outdoor seating, which residents can take advantage of throughout the year with Tennessee having such a mild climate. Also, many of the patios are dog friendly.
4. There is not shortage of outdoor activities in Tennessee. Are you someone who enjoys hiking? If so, there a plenty of places to go hiking in the Smokey Mountains. Are you someone who enjoys being near the water? If so, Knoxville is right on the Tennessee River, making it perfect for any activities on the water.
5. Knoxville’s economy has remained vibrant. It was named the best place for jobs this past spring, since the area has seen consistent growth in the healthcare field, automotive suppliers, renewable energy services, and food manufacturing. The city is also home to many major companies including: Scripps Networks, Bush’s Baked Beans, Green Mountain Coffee Roaster, Pilot Flying J, and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
Are you considering moving to East Tennessee? Please let me know if there is anyway that I can assist you in your home search. You can give me a call at 865-696-9002 or send an email to Rick@TheBigOrangePress.Com. Also, be sure to check out my Home Search Page to see what homes are currently for sale in the area.