How To Sell Your West Knoxville Home When You Have Pets
We all love out pets. Unfortunately, when it comes to selling your West Knoxville home, pets can do their fair share of damage and can make selling a home difficult. Rover may have eaten the woodwork, dug a few holes in the backyard, or ruined the carpets in your West Knoxville home. If you are a West Knoxville pet owner, here are a few tips of how to sell your West Knoxville home when you have pets.
1. Start on the outside and work your way in. Pets can wreck havoc on the inside and outside of a West Knoxville home. On the outside, be sure pets haven’t dug whole or destroyed flower beds. Also, be sure your yard is free and clear of any pet waste.
2. Check for damage on the inside. Pets can be notorious for destroying woodwork, carpet and walls. Before putting your West Knoxville home on the market, be sure to check for any damage and make the necessary repairs. Little things like chewed woodwork or scratched floors can be unappealing to buyers, so be sure to take care of these easy repairs.
3. Have your carpet cleaned. Carpets are on thing that can hold a lot of odors in your West Knoxville home. They can also hold a lot of pet stains. Before replacing the carpet, consider having your carpets cleaned to get rid of odors and pet stains. Oftentimes, a good cleaning can do the trick.
4. Manage pet odors. Even after a deep cleaning of a home, pet odors can still be a factor. You may not notice them, but buyers will. Be sure to keep your house clean while selling. Also, keep your pet groomed and bathed if they are the source of bad smells. And for cat owners, keep the litter box clean and in a discrete area.
5. Keep your pets out of the house during showings, if possible. While it is not always easy for homeowners to keep their pets out of the house when they have showings on their West Knoxville home, try to do it if at all possible. Do you have a friend or family member they could visit during showings? Could they go to doggy daycare? If that is not a possibility, be sure to have them out of the way for buyers.
Are you thinking about selling your West Knoxville home this year? If there is anyway Knoxville Home Team can assist you, please let us know, you can give Rick at call at 865-696-9002 or send an email to Rick@KnoxvilleHomeTeam.Com. Kati can be contacted at 865-392-5880 or via email at Kati@KnoxvilleHomeTeam.Com.