Knoxville’s Race For The Cure Takes Place October 26th
The Seventeenth Annual Knoxville Race for the Cure takes place Saturday October 26th. Race For The Cures benefits the Susan G. Komen Foundation, which raises money for the fight against breast cancer. Walkers and runners flooded the streets of downtown Knoxville with pink wigs, tutus, signs, and shirts showing their support for the fight against breast cancer.
With so many people affected by breast cancer, the race is always an amazing and emotional experience. Walkers and runners flood the streets of downtown Knoxville with pink wigs, tutus, signs, and shirts showing their support for the fight against breast cancer. Many runners or walkers choose to wear signs that celebrate survivors or remember those who have been lost to the disease.
The Knoxville Race for the Cure 2012 takes place on Saturday, October 26th, and begins at 8:30 a.m. The race began in World’s Fair Park and went through the Gay Street area and the Old City, and finished up back in World’s Fair Park.
Registration for Knoxville’s Race For The Cure is is open until the day of the race. You can register online on their website. On October 23-25th, you can also register at West Town Mall. For those who want to support the race, there are many options to show support. Competitive runners have the choice to run the 5K and those who aren’t quite up for the run, have the choice to walk the 5K at their own pace. There is also a 1 Mile Walk for families with kids who don’t want to do the full race. There is also Sleep in for the Cure.
A majority of the fundraising is made on the the actual race day, with roughly 85% to 87% of the fundraising attained that day. Still fundraising for the race goes on throughout the year. Other events that benefit the race include: Fit for the Cure, Pamper Yourself for the Cure, Lady Vol Golf Clinic, among many other events, which can be found here. Of money raised from the Race for the Cure, 75% of it will remain in Knoxville to help with education, screening and treatment. The remaining 25% goes to support national research grants.
Will you be attending Knoxville Race For The Cure this year?