How to Choose Your West Knoxville Home
Are you looking to buy a home in West Knoxville? Does the task of purchasing a new home seem daunting and you don’t quite know where to begin? Check out these tips to help make your home search process a little easier.
1. What things are most important to you? It is very important to have a good idea of what you are looking for in your new home.
- Make a list. Write down what things you will find most important for you new home. What won’t you compromise on? Do you need particular location? Do you need a particular style? Do you have a preference of what West Knoxville neighborhood you are in? What can you not live without?
- Be clear with your Realtor about your needs. Let your Realtor know what you are looking for from the very beginning. That way, you are not wasting your time looking at homes that are not what you are looking for.
2. What aspects should you take into account when purchasing your West Knoxville home?
- Number of Bedrooms and Bathrooms. For most buyers, this is the biggest consideration. Will the home have enough for their needs now and in the future? Will it be enough or too much space?
- Resale Value. One bedroom condominiums are generally harder to resell than two bedrooms. Also, two bedroom/one bath homes are generally harder to sell than two bedrooms /two baths. And finally, make sure the home has great curb appeal and doesn’t have anything overly strange about — these are both things that can prevent potential buyers from buying your home. You want to make sure it is a worthy investment.
3. How can you keep track of the West Knoxville homes you look at?
- Take notes. After a day looking at multiple homes, it can be easier to forget what homes you looked at. Write down what you like about each home and what you don’t like. That way, when you get home and are considering what you looked at your will have a clearer understanding of how you felt about each home.
- Create a home comparison chart. Check out this one, available on Realtor.com, or use it as an example and create your own to fit your needs.
It is a great time to buy a home in West Knoxville. There are many great real estate deals and mortgage interests rates haven’t been this low in years. If there is anyway that I can assist you, please do not hesitate to give me a call at 865-696-9002, shoot me an email, or leave a comment on this post. What are you looking for in your West Knoxville home?