Many New Businesses Coming to West Knoxville in 2012
In 2012, West Knoxville will see many new businesses opening up stores for the first time or opening additional stores in the area. Rumors about which particular businesses will be opening in 2012 have been floating around for months. So, which businesses will open their doors in West Knoxville? Check out the full list below.
- For months, there are been rampant rumors about Costco coming to Farragut. Finally, the Costco, a wholesale club, coming to Farragut, located at the intersection of Lovell Road and Kingston Pike, is a reality. In November, the preliminary clearing for the site began and actual construction is expected to happen in Spring 2012.
- Trader Joe’s also announced plans to open a West Knoxville site in 2012, located in Suburban Plaza, in between Gallaher View and West Town Mall. Trader Joe’s, a trendy grocery store which offers exotic foods and beverages. Due to Tennessee liquor laws, this Trader Joe’s will lack its wine selection, however, it will still carry beer.
- Aldi, a discount grocery store, is set to open in the Cedar Bluff area, in the Sherill Hill shopping center. The store is set to open its doors on February 2nd.
- Gordon Food Service (GFS), also in the Sherrill Hill shopping center, is also set to open this year.
- In 2011, Publix announced two locations coming to West Knoxville. One location will be opening in Turkey Creek, next to JCPenney and one will be opening in Northshore Town Center. Both are set to hopefully open late in 2012. Publix is a Florida based grocery store chain.
- Another Kroger Market Place is opening in the Cedar Bluff area. Construction began in late 2011, and it is set to open sometime in 2012. This new Kroger Market Place will serve as anchor to the new development called, The Landings at Cedar Bluff.
Which businesses are you excited to see opening in West Knoxville? What businesses would you like see come to West Knoxville?