West Knoxville Home Sellers: 7 Tips for Increasing Your Home’s Value
Selling your West Knoxville home requires a lot of preparation and planning. You may be wondering when is the best time to put you West Knoxville home on the market, what improvements you should or should not make, and what price you will get for your home. Here are few easy tips to help increase your West Knoxville home value:
- Get a professional opinion to help increase the selling power of your West Knoxville home. Whether it is a real estate professional or a Knoxville home stager, getting a second opinion can be important. A real estate agent or home stager will be able to suggest things to help increase the value of your home before putting it on the market. After all, they are in the business of making homes sell faster and more effectively.
- Do a deep clean. Whether you hire a professional cleaning crew or take advantage of a rainy day and do some much needed spring cleaning, a clean home sells better than a dirty one. Clean the places your normally don’t and those hard to reach places.
- Make small upgrades in your bathroom. While you may not be able to replace everything in your bathroom, update old light fixtures or take down dated wallpaper. A day spent peeling old wallpaper and repainting the small space of you bathroom will be a day well spent.
- Trim unruly hedges and plant some flowers. With beautiful spring weather upon us, it is a great time to make your yard inviting to potential home buyers.
- Keep up with regular maintenance and repairs. Most West Knoxville home buyers are not looking to make major repairs, unless a home is priced that way. Make sure all major repairs are under control. No buyer wants to deal with putting on a new roof or replacing a heating / cooling system
- Replace worn carpet. Is the carpet in your West Knoxville home stained or beat up from household pets? If a simple carpet cleaning won’t do the trick. Consider replacing it.
- Make upgrades to your kitchen. While you may not be in a place to replace the whole kitchen, consider upgrading some old appliances or replacing the cabinets. A great kitchen can be a huge selling point for your West Knoxville home.
Are you thinking about selling your West Knoxville home? Please let me know if there is anything that I can assist you with, feel free to give me a call at 865-696-9002 or shoot me an email.