West Knoxville Real Estate: Make The Most Of A Buyer’s Market
The West Knoxville real estate market is undeniably a buyer’s market right now. There’s no doubt people searching for homes in West Knoxville and Farragut have a wide selection of homes. And with some many great real estate deals on the West Knoxville market, buyers need to make the most of it. If you’re one of the many buyers looking to buy a home in West Knoxville or Farragut, here are a few tips on how to make the most of these market conditions.
- You have the time to look. With so many choices of homes on the market, buyers have the ability to look at homes at their own pace. Just don’t wait too long, to write an offer on the home you love…there are many hungry buyers out there!
- Investigate foreclosures or short sales. While some foreclosures and short sales can be a major bargain, some can be a major bust. Look at what is on the market, but make sure you do your research on buying a short sale or foreclosure. You don’t want to end up with a home with more problems than it is worth.
- Ask for necessary repairs. If you find a West Knoxville or Farragut home that you love, but is in need of repairs. Don’t be afraid to ask for the seller to make them — that is, if they’re within reason. Many sellers are willing to be flexible to seal the deal.
- Negotiate the contract to meet your needs. Do you need a later close date? Do you want closing costs paid for by the seller? Are you looking for a home warranty? Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want included in the contract. Sellers may be willing to throw them in.
- Get a home for less than the asking price. As far as prices go, in a buyer’s market, you may be able to get that West Knoxville home for less than the asking price. Sellers are willing to bend with prices…at least within reason.
Are you thinking about buying a home in Farragut or West Knoxville? If so, please do not hesitate to contact me at 865-696-9002 or by email at Rick@TheBigOrangePress.Com. Also, be sure to check out my Home Search Page to see what homes are currently for sale in West Knoxville and Farragut.